Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Random Other Art Pieces from the Past


Welcome to Miscellaneous Works of Art!!!  I'll probably come back to all these posts and add dates to the pieces of art when I can dig through my stuff to find them. 


This first piece is done in watercolor, and the cross was inspired by my friend Bekah's tattoo.  It's incredibly similar to her tattoo except for the color of the flower and the number of leaves.  I decided to do the immediate background of the cross in yellows and then darker colors around that to make it really pop out at the viewer.  Around that was a black background.  Later, after everything had dried, I took real leaves from outside and placed them on the page and then "watercolored" the edges.  I still don't entirely know why I decided to put the leaves on there, but I am glad that I did.  It gives something to the right hand side of the paper that otherwise would have been static and boring.

This next piece is also a watercolor (not done on watercolor paper, unfortunately).  It's based off of a modeling picture of my sister, Mary.  I love the way she's standing and the flow of the contours of the body.


 In my Sophomore year of college I was sitting in my friend's room and saw some metal or plastic birds mounted on the wall.  They were beautiful and I decided to draw two of them.  As it turned out, it looks more like one bird with a lighter "shadow" underneath it - I liked the overall effect and so decided to keep it.  I then decided to play with my sharpies for the background, using many vibrant colors in swirly twirly patterns.

Also during my Sophomore year I drew a cross.  The cross itself isn't very sophisticated.  You can see that the "arms" of the cross are different lengths.  However, the background is something more.  The cross, yellow, and inner red sections are done in colored pencils, while the darker red and the black background are done in.... yup! Sharpie again!












This picture (bottom left) is based off of a picture of me modeling on a car for my friend Jessica's art project.  Trust me, the picture is a LOT crazier than this drawing.  If you want to see it, click here.

 I did this final composition (above right) in my Freshman year of college, so in the Fall of 2010.  First I drew the bookshelf and television.  I scanned it onto my computer and then upped the contrast.  Finally I reprinted that off and then drew in Lisa and Bart.  After scanning it back onto the computer, I used the eyedropper tool on Paint to access the actual colors for their skin and clothes, and voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment