Total Pageviews

Monday, November 10, 2014

DeCosta Series


DeCosta Series: 
This was the very first picture I'd ever drawn of DeCosta.  It was done with Prismacolor pencils.  I love the way it really conveys motion.
Done with Prismacolor pencils
Starting in mid July 2011, I started drawing pictures of my brother-in-law, DeCosta.  He had passed away that July 15th, and that is when I really started drawing.  I hadn't done much drawing before that, but I really took off.  I drew all the pictures in 2011, based off of photographs that I had of him or photos I found on Facebook.  

I continued drawing picture after picture of him: 




This picture was drawn with charcoal.  It's the first time I had ever really experimented with it.  
Finally, my pictures started to look a bit more life-like, after I started focusing more on shading, that is:
 Finally, my favorite picture of the bunch, was done with Prismacolor pencils, both graphite and watercolor.
DeCosta was wearing my sister's glasses and making a funny face at me.  I captured this beauty with a cell phone and then drew it from that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment