Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Adventures in Sharpies

Welcome to Adventures in Sharpies!  
I absolutely adore Sharpies, especially the colored ones.  I have a whole bag filled with Sharpies that I pull out from time to time to draw with.  

This first picture is monochromatic of the purple variety.  I first put drafting tape (I think) in strips across the paper, then drew my picture.  Finally, when I was all done, I removed the drafting tape and this was my end result.  It's not my favorite piece, but I do think it's rather interesting all the same.  
This next piece is super fun, even if it is a little out of focus.  There are multiple colors of Sharpie and many many pictures all crammed into one rectangular sheet of paper.  I love the chaotic quality of this piece and I plan to do many more like it!





















 This next work is one of my favorites.  The center figure is colored with colored pencil and is a gentle progression from green to blue.  The simplicity of the central figure contrasts greatly with the chaos that surrounds it.  There are multiple words surrounded with symbols, shapes, and pictures..  Sometimes when I'm stuck on what to draw, I just think of all the things I love or hate or want to do and I write and draw about them.  Can you spot all the words?  Hint: There are 15 of them, I believe.


This page is all about patterns.  The paper is basically sectioned off into different patterns.  There are circles, straight lines, curved lines, triangles, squares, checkerboard, rhombuses, and more!







 This piece was inspired by an online picture of a candle sitting on a desk.  I referenced it to get the shape of the candle and the candlestick, but everything else came right out of my imagination.  I used oranges, yellows, and reds for the candle and flame.  The wood it's setting on was created using browns, oranges, and blacks.  And the craziness that is the background was created with all kinds of colors.  I just wanted to make sure that the background was all straight, severe lines.









I drew this final picture when I was at a local coffee shop called JP's.  That's where I took the logo of the two cups from.  You can see the original logo and learn more about the coffee shop here.


No comments:

Post a Comment