Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 15, 2014

An Oil Portrait...with FUN colors

As of now, this is my most recent work of art.  I was inspired by the same photo that I based my last post (Watercolor Self-Portrait) on.  Only this time, instead of using black and white watercolor, I decided to go in the completely opposite direction.  I opted for oils, which incidentally, take a LONG time to dry (especially if you use linseed oil with them, like I did).  I also opted for... (drumroll please)... 
...
...
...
...
(oh, that's enough drum roll?  Okay then...)

COLOR!

I decided that I didn't really want this face to look traditional, that is with flesh tones, etc.  I wanted this face to be a kaleidoscope of color!  So that's what I did.  I used brighter colors for the parts of the face that would be lighter, and darker colors for areas that would be darker or in shadow.  Then I created the hair with some black "highlights" (or lowlights, as it is).  A what could be more beautiful than a bright, green lip?

No comments:

Post a Comment